Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kindness Still Exists


It was Sunday and I had a hectic weekend as usual with guests from the city. By the time I returned home, I just dropped to my sofa and took a nap.

After about an hour or so, my door bell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone, but since I thought I saw a familiar face ringing the bell, I walked to the gate and guess what. To my surprise it was somebody I did not know. Must have been the tiredness and was probably still half a sleep.

Anyway, this young girl was having this lovely brown pedigree dog at my gate on a leash. She asked me if that dog was mine. I replied no. She further clarified if I knew who owned it and if I had seen it before. I responsed negatively again 'cos honestly though the doggie was truly lovely and well-groomed, I had no idea who the owner was. She then explained, she and her friend found it wondering around and lost and so decided to find out from the neighbourhood who owned it. I replied, sorry it's not mine, I have one of my own.

When she left, I kind of missed the lovely canine. I wouldn't have minded providing temporary shelter until the rightful owner was found. Anyway, it was too late to offer, 'cos they had left.

I thought about the kindness and compassion shown by the girl and her friend to take the trouble to go, door to door to help the dog locate her home.

KINDNESS STILL EXISTS .............

No comments: